How To Blog With WordPress
So you want to blog? Well, in this post I will guide you step by step to start using WordPress for blogging.
WordPress is pretty much easy to use, and there is alot of customisation stuff if you’d like to customise your blog appearance or add useful plugins that will help you to blog easier.
- Free. WordPress is open source, it has been developed by worldwide community of developers.
- Search Engine friendly. WordPress is designed to be SEO Friendly
- Easy installation and upgrades. WordPress’ famous 5 minute install can’t be beaten for simplicity and ease of use. Upgrading your weblog to the latest version of WordPress is easy, too, and it should take less time than the installation!
- Comments. Visitors to your site can leave comments on individual entries, and through Trackback or Pingback can comment on their own site. You can enable or disable comments on a per-post basis.
- Themes. there are thousands of themes out there to choose from. or you can make your own theme.
- Plugins. Plugins extend the core functionality of your weblog. A large number of user-developed plugins are already available and can be used to do virtually anything you want to, with your blog.
- Community. The forums at WordPress.org and the other WordPress-related sites contain tons of threads about everything WordPress-related. on the other hand, you can find answers to your questions easily.
- Easy to use. WordPress is very easy to use.
- Highly customizable.
First of all, refer to this post to install WordPress: How to Install WordPress.
Adding a New Post
Log into your WordPress Blog Dashboard it will be at www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- on the left sidebar under [ Posts ] click Add New
- Within the small top box enter in the title of the post.
- Within the large box simply type your primary content here, you can use the editing tools to change the font type, alignment, colours, and other useful stuff like adding links .
- when you’re done with the content writing, you can find a place to write the post Tags, and choosing the Category for your post, its not required, but its useful. you can also set an image to be featured to the post
- when u finish , you can save your post as draft , or make it live by publishing it, [ Publish button ]
Customise your Blog
You can customise your blog by changing themes, or adding new plugins and widgets, there are thousands of widgets and plugins available for download.
To add a new Plugin to your blog simply navigate to Plugins Section on the left sidebar on your Dashboard. under Plugins Section Press Add New
You can Search for the Plugin you want to install, then press Install now > Activate Plugin, or you can Upload it.
Navigate to Appearance Section on the left sidebar on your dashboard, under it Press Themes,
on top menu choose Install Theme, you can search for a theme by its name, or choose from the tags below, or you can Upload a theme by pressing Upload, you can also watch the Featured Themes y navigating to Featured section on the top menu.
There are many more options, i’ll try to review some later, you can find them by yourself, WordPress is very easy to use, and very powerful too, hope you enjoyed this Tutorial. share it if u did