SEO Assessment – All Stores Clothing
Legacy SEO Assessment For All Stores Clothing
Statistics & Current Positioning
- Indexed Pages: 17700 (Strong) http://www.google.co.uk/#fp=5a2359cf96dc5f79&q=site:allstores-clothing.com
- Google PageRank: 4/10 (Strong)
- Partial Keyword Rich Domain (Strong) (on the basis of clothing related keywords)
- Weakness in terms of existing CMS platform (all substantial areas can be addressed and improved upon significantly)
- Backlink Portfolio (Strong – as reflected by High PR)
- wholesale clothing (currently #5)
- wholesale clothing uk
- uk wholesale clothing
- wholesale clothes
- exchange store clothing
- exchange store wholesale clothing
Onsite Areas to Be Addressed
- Transition to a SEO Friendly URL structure (though the removal of .html domain extension)
- Update XML Sitemap to include all links
- Creation of HTML Sitemap
- Configuration of Google Webmaster Tools
- Removal of Anchors on Paypal and Visa Logos
- Nofollow Attribute to be added to social media links (all external links)
- Reutilisation of the blog section of the site (in order to provide additional long tail keywords)
- The overall design of the site needs revamping in order to match clientele expectations and to boost conversion rates.
- Addition of Microdata Mark-up to allow for Additional Integration with Google SERP Results: including Star Rating Mark-up & Product Description Mark-up.
- Addition of relevant keyword rich alt tags.
- Addition of <address> mark-up for enhanced Google Places integration
- Optimise Coding (remove whitespace, unnecessary comments etc. to improve loading times)
- Addition of Tel mark-up to contact number (improve usability for mobile users)
All of these areas (with the exception of modifying the actual visual design of the website) can be addressed easily and are all areas I’ve resolved successfully in the past on Magneto sites. Any enhances and developed made to the site structure would not be lost as a result of updating the theme of the site to provide a stronger UX.
In terms of initial strategy, the approach towards this project is fairly typical in nature. The first priority will be resolve all onsite SEO issues and then to concentrate on boosting the strength offsite link portfolio. The site currently ranks fairly well on a number of primary keywords and whilst the keywords are competitive in nature, given the vast number of strengths available to us on the all-stores domain (high PR, large link portfolio, large number of indexed pages) I see no hindrances in terms of achieving the results we desire.
An immediate consideration was given as to the appropriateness of moving the site, in its entirety, to a new (more SEO friendly) e-commerce platform. Given the massive scale of the site however, a complete transition would be anticipated to take a significant period of time to achieve (given the 17k indexed pages) and would not be recommended as an immediate fix all solution but would be better suited as an exercise in providing the additional SERP stability in the long term.
Substantial results can be still be achieved using the existing Magneto platform, and I thoroughly anticipate achieving top positions across all primary keywords within a timescale of 3 months.