Website Error – Elementor

Home Forums WordPress Website Error – Elementor

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Peter Wootton .

• Author

Craig Downer

I have a question, I would love some input… here is the simple version…. friend had a super old website built in WordPress with hosting that was somewhere else. I did all the stuff to get them back in control on their own WordPress install with their hosting company of choice. I did all the correct Domain & DNS stuff to get her pointing in the right direction and fixed up the SSL to active again. I created a ‘Under Construction Landing Page’ with Elementor and made it the home page. Had a little countdown timer and such, something I normally in the past have just used a simple under construction plugin for but this time I wanted to be cool and use Elementor. Makes sense right? Super simple stuff. The new website took me about 3-4 days to bust out and has been live for about 5 days now BUT! When I do a search for the company name on Google…. Mr. Google man still wants to show “We are building a brand new website! We are very excited for you to see! 0Days. 0Hours. 0Minutes. 0Seconds. undefined. undefined. undefined. undefined.” The same day I made the website live I configured Yoast on all the main pages. Is it that I really am just not giving it enough time to propagate?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I also have a second site from last week that I did the same process with and I am still showing under construction in the meta data of the snippet in the Google search.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Have you submitted the sitemap to Google and made a request to crawl the site?

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

No probs mate – if you ain’t done this before it may give you a brain ache! 😉 But once you get it in your head you’ll be flying next time you need to do it!!

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

I have done it before

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Ah cool.. Easy pie then.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Also with the sitemap, sometimes just sharing it on Twitter will get Google to go back and re-index. You just need Google to come back.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

You might not have cleared your cache.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

If you don’t need Yoast in the future, you can also try this one: https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/ Use it for every client site

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

It takes time for Google to index your site. Have you set up Google Webmaster Console?
    If you do so, I think you can submit a site map and ask for priority indexing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.