Speed Tests

Home Forums WordPress Speed Tests

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Anders Jensen .

• Author

Gregory Loudon

Hi, I was running some speed tests on a new website, I used gtmetrix and Google pagespeed insights. They both gave high results on the main page and recognized the page was compressed. But when I tested one of the blog pages they suggested to enable gzip compression. I applied gzip compression through the modification of the htaccess file, how can it be that some pages are not the compressed while others are? My host is siteground. I hope someone can help me, thanks

Nurul Khan

I was wondering the same yesterday because I got the same recommendation.

So your site is gzip compressed as a whole but some elements require an extra gzip compression which it’s difficult to be done.

So skip it.

Nurul Khan

I agree with you, but I wonder why it happens. I don’t want to add another plugin only to do what supposed to have been done already, I’m not even sure it would help.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by   Peter Wootton.

Paul Davis

Nothing would help except some htaccess coding.

Christopher Copp

I did that, that’s the problem

Claire Wallace

Is your page load time good for you? If yes, forget about it.

Anders Jensen

The most important piece of these tests is Page Load Time. If it’s good, it doesn’t matter whether you have 23 or 123 HTTP requests.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.