SEO Tools Advice

Home Forums SEO Agency Chat SEO Tools Advice

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Geoffrey Claughton .

• Author

Elizabeth Renwick

Hey awesome people I need some SEO tool advice please… I currently use SEMRush and AHRefs (have been for about 2 years) but I feel that there is serious overlap between the two tools. I use SEMRush for most of my SEO tasks but use AHrefs mostly for Backlink work. Is there another good alternative for the AHRefs backlink work or does SEMRush have features that I haven’t discovered that will do the job? TIA

Nurul Khan

Hi, nice to meet you. You can try MOZ. It’s a very good tool.

Stuart Erskine

I’ve looked at moz a few times but I’m not sure that it can handle the backlink checking as well as AHRefs

Paul Davis

Specifically it’s much better on the backlink front. But I guess it depends what you’re trying to do. SEM rush also has a backlink outreach feature which is cool.

Christopher Copp

I am on the ahrefs bandwagon too. If you pair it up with serpworx all that is left is the site audit and sign this proposal then then hire Nitish Kumar cause he can crush it

Dawn Horton

What does ahrefs do in terms of back links that SEM rush and moz doesn’t do?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Emma as far as I’m aware, ahrefs is more accurate with identifying untrustworthy backlinks

Dawn Horton

I haven’t tried AH refs but had a really positive experience with the toxic backlink checker on SEM rush earlier. It’s better than moz which is a lot more manual for this task.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Ahrefs is much more accurate for estimating how many links a site has than moz or sem rush.

Dawn Horton

First let me say that I use Ahrefs and SEMrush. If you want a backlink tool alternative I would have a glance at Linkody

Geoffrey Claughton

What about SeoSpyGlass?

Nurul Khan

I second MOZ!

Stuart Erskine

I’m with Moz, considering switching to SEM rush. I’m on a 2 week trial of the SEM rush guru plan and from what I’ve seen so far it’s a lot more sophisticated than moz (although I do prefer the moz interface).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.