SEO Pricing Advice

Home Forums SEO Agency Chat SEO Pricing Advice

This topic contains 16 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   John Hannaford .

• Author

George Cockerill

For the SEO providers on here…

Who wants to talk pricing?

My bottom price is $1,000/month which includes full website hosting, management, technical SEO, keyword monitoring, and reputation monitoring. We’ll optimize their content with that, but no content creation. For clients who want/need content creation, my average is right around $1500/month. It can go up from there.

What is your average price per month (or price range) for SEO services? Feel free to provide details regarding what’s included if you like, but I’m just trying to get an idea of a real range. I honestly have no idea what others charge.

Benjamin Donner

What about link building? And no content? I’d love to learn how you increase their DA and rankings without either of those?

Ian Johnson

Average is between $1750-$2500 right now. I’ll occasionally take lower value clients as a favor to friends or family.

Ann Bentley

For a major metropolitan area we start north of $1000. For less populated areas we will take $500 clients. Nothing less. We do content marketing at our $1000 level and fix all content on-site if it lacks density and proper headings etc.

Keith Simpson

Yet nobody is talking about link building?

Michael Mason

What do you want to know?

David Ranson

How you provide high level SEO without building links?

Robert Voss

I figure some amount of link building would be built into these costs…

Robert Voss

I never assume when it comes to real SEO work and what some “agencies” do, or don’t do.

I find that there are many Jiffy Lube oil change attendants calling themselves Master Mechanics… lol

Rosemary Thornton

Lol I know what you mean. But for ~$2000/month those Jiffy Lube attendants better be able to get one or two links.

Rosemary Thornton

For $2k/month, our clients receive 6 guest post back links.. Average DA of 30+ and (3) 1000 word blog posts, review management, and local citations management… Our clients are local service businesses/professionals.

Rosemary Thornton

Damn, how many local clients you have paying you $2000/month? I work almost exclusively with large-ish clients, I haven’t seen any local businesses that can afford much more than $1000/month.

Martin Fieldhouse

We do well…You need to show them ROI…if you do that properly, the dollar amounts become pretty meaningless..

Martin Fieldhouse

They can afford it. They just don’t see the value. Price shop your market for a month-long traditional advertising campaign and you’ll see what I mean. A billboard can be $3k-$5k for just one month. A solid radio or TV ad campaign will be $2k+ per month. None of those have the staying power of SEO.

Find people who already have advertising budgets. Watch local TV. Listen to the radio (yes, really). If you’re able to find a copy, pick up a phone book and see who has full-page yellow pages ads.

Those people have SEO budgets. They’re spending their money in the wrong place. You just need to sell it to them.

Martin Fieldhouse

We actually sell it based on the type of service and market they’re going after. We have clients paying us $150/month for some areas and upwards of $2,500/Month in others. It all comes down to the difficulty of their market.

Example: We have a client paying us $150/Month. He has no literal competition. We have him on the first page of Google for 15+ major keywords. But our monthly effort is less than 2 hours per month.

He’s had multiple companies go after his business, but they can’t beat our pricing.

At the same time, we have a company in Miami paying $2,500+ per month, most people compete with our pricing but he’s very happy with what he’s getting from us.

This is one of those topics where the pricing fluctuates so much, no everyone is going to have the same price structure across the board.

Edit: For me, really, it comes down to our hourly rate. Whether we’re working 10+ hours or 1 hour, we’re still making the same hourly rate.

Martin Fieldhouse

$500 if there is the Spanish language website, and $1300 if there is English. We do everything.

John Hannaford

I don’t sell services, i sell solutions. Sometimes SEO is not the answer and will advise which service will meet the required goals to reach the target KPi.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.