SEO & PPC Marketing – Individual

Home Forums Freelancers SEO & PPC Marketing – Individual

This topic contains 31 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Peter Wootton .

• Author

Nicolas Hughes

Can a single guy can handle SEO and PPC marketing when working at a company?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Better if he is married.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I did

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Unless I misunderstood the ?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

A single guy can probably handle it better since he doesn’t have to make time available to spend time with a spouse or family. Yes, a single person should be able to handle it. A single person within an agency can handle both for multiple clients.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

True but the scenario changes if the project is too big.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Yes you can

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

It depends on the size and type of website and what type of campaigns are being run.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

I was just thinking this after I posted my comment.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

If you manage $100k in spend that is your full-time job. If you want to bring your client results, anyway.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Of course he can handle it if he work overtime but don’t you think he have so much responsibility in his hand. I think it’s better if a person is hire to do a single job.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I don’t know what being single has to do with it, but yes, lol.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Only married guys can handle it. Lol JK

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

I tend to agree with this statement. Married guys have a lot of experience in dealing with stressful situations and getting out of tight spots.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I’m 17 years old and I’m not interested in getting married any time soon but sometimes gets horny So I think I’m good for now.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Just get married man – the best solution ever. Jokes apart. Yes, you can, but get someone to write content for you. Writing content or blog commenting is the most time consuming thing ever.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Yes, absolutely. I did for several companies in-house in multiple agencies. Some PPC accounts had Massive budgets and campaign volume too. It’s possible but don’t be a jack of all trades and a master of none, get good at both and you will be more valuable. I’ve seen those that know SEO and are terrible at PPC and that’s a problem because being bad at PPC can be expensive. So learn PPC well.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I’m married and run quite a few SEO and PPC campaigns. It must be a married thing. To answer your question… no you can’t stay single in this industry. From my exhaustive unfounded research. You might want to get a master’s degree too.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I agree, married guys are more reliable.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

By single, I mean one person. I should delete this post.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Some people can’t understand the “context” of the question. How many businesses can only be run by “married people”? “Gimme a break!”

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Sure. Why not? The real question is how big is the company and it’s website.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I’m single and I’ve managed PPC and SEO campaigns alone a lot of times.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

But how much more effective would you have been if you were married to your job?

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

I’m probably not gonna be effective. I’m pretty much good at doing it by myself.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Doing SEO and PPC by myself, that’s what I meant. Duh.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I think his real meaning is that whether one person can do both SEO and PPC at the same time.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

That’s how I took it too.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I did it as the only digital marketer in a company doing well over $500 million in arr so yes it can be done but they have to love what they do.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Sure, but the time you spend on one detracts from the time you spend on another. Both are easily a full time job if you want to do them very well.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

If you are a good analyst, then its not difficult to handle both of them.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Also worth noting that if you’re single you probably have more free time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.