SEO Is Dead

Home Forums SEO Agency Chat SEO Is Dead

This topic contains 35 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Peter Wootton .

• Author

Michelle Thomas

SEO is kind of dead. Don’t you think?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

It will never happen…

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I replaced SEO with humanized content and Google loves me even more. I don’t have to look over my shoulder every time Google releases new updates that are design to catch agencies doing SEO like it was 2011.

SEO is not dead – Google says “Aim to please users, not bots and your content will rank your sites.”

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

But… even with regard to content – isn’t ‘stylising’ content SEO? which headings etc. help a URL rank….

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Yes, I simply don’t write content like this…

“This blue widget is homemade. If you buy our blue widget you will save money. People say that our blue widget is the best. Our blue widget comes with a full 30 day guarantee. If you don’t feel our blue widget didn’t meet your needs, simply send back the blue widget”

85% of agencies are still doing SEO like this and wonder why they are losing clients.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

No way. It’s just more technical and user focused. Google makes more money off of SEO than they lose.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Content A outranks content B. Why?

Because content A is better optimised then content B for the given query.

That happens consciously or unconsciously.

If it is unconsciously done, then that’s chance.

If it is consciously done, then that’s SEO.

SEO looks very much alive to me.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I feel exactly the same that’s why I prefer using terms : lead generation, increasing sales etc just in case.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Doesn’t Google, and other search engines have to die in order for SEO to be dead?

As long as people use search engines, marketers will try to optimise content for them.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

You’re right. SEO is dead to those who manage their optimisation by looking for short term solutions.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Not dead. Just how you approach which to everyone here says it’s content. But the truth it’s still links. So a combination of good quality links and content and great user experience will get you ranked.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

And ranked where – depending on how many/strong the competition is…

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

I agree. Back-links are still very important whether you create quality back-links for clients, get back-links from high quality “linkable” content, or preferably, both.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Not dead, just it has gone into comma. And Google won’t ever try to revive it as it’s happy making money with Ads.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Again with these comments.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

That’s the kind of thing people who can’t rank say.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Need to learn the techniques you use.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

IMHO a pure SEO business is as stable and serious as a business: “how to avoid paying taxes”. Yes, everyone needs it but you can wake up any day out of business having …nothing (because of the latest Yogi Bear updates or something like that).

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

The desire to rank well in the SERPs will never die so SEO will never die. Google’s mission statement, “To organise the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful,”. Note the last word in Google mission statement, “useful” and focus on that when creating content and web properties. Follow best practices for on-page, technical and off-page SEO. Measure, analyse and respond to changes. SEO is not dead and is only increasing in importance.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

My retainer fees and high ranking results for my clients would say otherwise.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Not even close to being dead. After getting a client local 3 pack listings all over the country for different locations. They backed off so and decided to go with content. After 9 months a good number of the 3 packs are gone and no longer showing up on voice. Their titles and descriptions look like crap because an agency is writing their metas and their CTR from organic has tanked.

SEO is not dead. It just changes. Things that used to work stop being effective. The real estate on first page of Google has continued to effect organic since they removed ad words from the right side of the page. I can take an adwords ad and fill up the screen of a note 9 so you never see organic.

But you still can’t buy your way into YouTube, rich data cards, Q&A, carousels, or voice search. I just got paid 16k for SEO work on a site relaunch. Site has over 500,000 pages and ranks first page for over 8000 keywords other people are paying for.

Keep thinking it’s dead.. I am good with that. Makes my job easier when other SEO’s give up. We can all talk about Facebook ads.

Sorry for the mini rant. Close game for fantasy football this week and I am all worked up.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Yes, dead for people who doesn’t know nothing about it.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Likely a post that is intended to provoke debate rather than a statement of fact…

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

That is correct sir.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Thanks now I have to look for another job.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

What kind of job?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Nowhere close to dead if you can relate and focus on what your clients really want. Rather the opposite IMO. A unified offering of services combining content, UX and SEO is the way forward.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

If all other channels are driving traffic and is converting like a mofo then yes.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I guess not dead. Only evolving. So we also need to adapt.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

SEO is dead, but soul never dies. Maybe you can find it in other dimension.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Not

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

SEO hasn’t died, it has evolved from directory link building to semantically correct onsite SEO content and many other factors. Like the world we live it, things evolve.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

SEO is not DEAD, it EVOLVED.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Quite the opposite…

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Yes it is. I suggest you get out of the game and refer clients to me.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Not for me or my clients…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.