Safe Backlink Strategies

Home Forums White Hat SEO Safe Backlink Strategies

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by   Dairmuid Gallagher .

• Author

Ronald Hesketh

What is the best strategy to build back-links without getting penalised by google?

Jonathan Hayward

First… Publish something worth linking to. Then… Promote it.

Jonathan Hayward

I know that content is the queen, backlinking is the king, my question is about the back linking.

Jonathan Hayward

It’s an involved process, but…

1) Figure out how you’ll pitch your content as you write it. Allow that to influence what you write.
      2) Build a long list of target sites and contacts.
      3) Write your pitch email.
      4) Send the pitch email to 100 different target contacts every day.

Keep at it.

William Greer

That’s a real good strategy.

William Greer

I don’t build backlinks, i just earn them.

Barnaby Martin

You can earn backlinks if you already in the top 10 on serps and have good contents to link to.

Barnaby Martin

Use branded anchor text in contextual text (inside an articles), doesn’t matter whether you earn or buy links from a bloggers, you’ll be fine.

Barnaby Martin

Backlinks are the end product of the high quality content you’re supposed to be writing.

Stephen Dalby

Rent them

Stephen Dalby

Something that is cool, is… find a competitor, go to ahrefs and review their (backlinks – lost) and dump them as a list, then trawl through the linking pages and see what they were expecting, make that, then contact the site that used to link to your competitor and explain that you have this awesome. bit of content that they would love.

Peter Cronin

I’d definitely consider Fiverr man. There are lots of people selling high quality back links there.

James Chalmers

I’m surprised someone hasn’t pitched a sale event here yet.

Alexandra Gorman

Think quality think fiverr, that was such an effective marketing campaign.

Roger Howard

Outreach

Richard Fisher

Google doesn’t really penalise links anymore. They just devalue them.

William Souter

Could you elaborate a bit more if you have time? It’s really interesting.

Michal Kahn

Google used to penalise an entire site if you were caught buying or building links unnaturally. The problem with that is you could get your competitors penalised. It happened all the time. That’s why Google had to come up with the Disavow Links tool so that if you were a victim of negative SEO you had a way out of the penalty. However, a couple years ago Google stopped penalising sites for unnatural INBOUND links. Now, if google spots unnatural link building efforts they penalise the sites that are linking or will just devalue the links. There really isn’t even a need for a disavow links tool anymore. All you’re doing is telling Google which links they shouldn’t count. And you don’t even know which links they are giving you credit for.

Jenette Bush

Good to know, thanks a lot.

Siobhan Newman

Yes, thank you!!!

William Souter

Just make sure you spread the links over some time. Not a lot of new links in 1 day or something. That usually doesn’t look natural.

Syed Shah

Using the disavow tool is like telling the cop you haven’t renewed your insurance.

Ryan Richardson

Great analogy.

Elizabeth Allen

Build links as well as put up good content.

Nadine Cairns

Write some ace content.

Alisdair James

Make sure the backlinks will bring traffic with it.

Syed Shah

Merging PR and SEO, creating stories, pitching it to journalists. Creating great content and outreaching or creating great content or sites that earn links. That’s how the web is supposed to work but of course corners are cut by many.

Alexandra Gorman

I use ScrapeBox to find same or similar niche sites, then extract their emails, then email them asking for a link in exchange for my help (installing ssl, a chat into their site or else) but i don’t offer them a link in return so there is no “exchange” google can detect.

Simon Chapman

Excellent idea.

Dairmuid Gallagher

Don’t build links because of links. Reach out to relevant publications in your niche, build value for your common audience and simply include a link naturally in the content you’re publishing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.