Recent Google updates

Home Forums SEO Mastermind Recent Google updates

This topic contains 14 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Debra Fuller .

• Author

Susan Newman

I feel like these recent Google updates are meant to show SEO’s that their rankings (or income) cannot be stable, and give smaller guys a chance to get part of the money.

This is because I am literally seeing results appear/disappear in top 3 every few weeks.

I saw this several times already. There is no clear pattern.

This is awesome if you suck at SEO and were stuck on page 2 or 3. This is terrible if you are good at SEO and held top 3 spots for a long time.

Anyone agree/disagree?

James Chalmers

I’ve had a website on position 1 for a solid year just with good on page. Local SEO but competitive industry.

James Chalmers

Nice! Any shake-ups with the recent updates? How about other sites in your niche?

Jenny Ting

I’ve seen our competitors fly all over the place at times, but usually after a week or so of shake ups, they return close to their “original” position.

Although there was one I noticed that fell off the face of the earth and I still dunno why. Oh well, my client is still happy.

Jenny Ting

One of our client site got totally disappeared from Near Me queries and traffic dropped from 50k to 2k.

Jenny Ting

And this happened 3 times in October.

Keith Millar

Anything similar across the sites?

Keith Millar

Welcome to SEO lol… This has been happening ever sense Google decided to stop telling people what their updates are geared towards…

Where do you think the “SEO is dead” saying comes from.

Keith Millar

SEO is dead comes from people that can’t do SEO… amirite?

Keith Millar

Yea but those same people ranked at one point and got slapped by Google.

Stella Reynolds

I’ve been following all the basics for local SEO clients using PBN’s and guest posts and although there was a small hit back in the August update my sites have gradually improved since.. maybe I just suck at SEO.

Stella Reynolds

Hi, can you help to recover my sites, if you can suggest steps I need to do that would be great

Stella Reynolds

Make sure the basics are good, title tags, h1’s etc, not over-optimised on page. I’d suggest looking at your competition to try and work out why Google is favouring those sites over yours. If you’ve been hit with a straight up algorithmic penalty then this is your guide.

How to 91x Website Traffic – A Case Study Blueprint for 2018

Debra Fuller

Thank you very much for your time. The site was wiped out for local SEO like near me queries. Can you suggest anything I need to do on GMB or in local SEO.

Debra Fuller

I have watched “Featured Snippets” disappear across the board on my sites and on the largest National brands in my space.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.