Rank & Rent

Home Forums White Hat SEO Rank & Rent

This topic contains 27 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Jamie Stewart .

• Author

Gregory Loudon

Hey all, I originally wanted to do the rank and rent model as an online business.

I moved to trying PPC for local lead generation. I’ve found it is hard to get clients with no proof of results even if offered for free. So, I’ve been considering rank and rent again.

I saw a webinar today pitching a press release service that claimed to get very fast ranking on page one for local in hours at times. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the rank and rent biz and the validity of using press releases? Their strategy was 1 press release per month and after 4 months they were in the 3 pack. Thoughts?

Jenny Ting

Heard of those before. Skip that service and learn how to do R&R well. There is no fast shortcut to making big money despite what anyone claims.

You can even get in the 3 pack in a day with loopholes.

Keith Millar

Thanks for your input. Kinda figured it was BS. Seemed more black-hat to me. Not sustainable. Any recommendations on getting something off the ground reasonably fast? I’m going have to have a surgery in a few months that may keep me down from what I do for a couple months. Trying to get something rolling that doesn’t require hard physical work so I can keep paying the bills while down.

Keith Millar

I’m sure it works, there are people who’ve made it work. But you’ll do a lot better learning how to do it properly.

Can’t recall if Chase had videos or courses on local SEO but I’ve got a free R&R PDF from another guy that can get you started with results (not an affiliate).

Just email xxxx@gmail.com will send to you when I get home.

Keith Millar

Yes, They do have local SEO material. Hoping I can buy it soon. Thanks a million for your help! Email on the way from xxx@gmail.com

Stella Reynolds

Can you send it to me too? Already bought an email for a travel niche that I want to R&R. Thank you guys.

Stella Reynolds

Hi guys! Would it be possible to have a copy as well? Thanks

Stella Reynolds

I like R&R best. Just not sure if it can be done in that time frame.

Stella Reynolds

Give it 4-6 months, If you’ve got some experience it can be done in weeks; by using PPC while SEO kicks in.

Debra Fuller

Really appreciate the tips. I have some PPC experience. Just not a bunch. Made a few affiliate sales.

Debra Fuller

Google’s entire course is free for PPC if you sign up as an agency.

Debra Fuller

In order to do R & R as a biz, you need to know how to rank. If you don’t, it’s probably not a good business model for you. If you do, then go rank the sites and selling or renting them will be easy.

Gary Griffiths

Thanks for the input. I can’t say that I know how to rank anything yet. I am still reading everything I can. I have been in the home repair business for 28 years and have gotten into flips and rentals. Only have 2 so far. I kind of see the R&R biz as online real estate. That’s what draws me to it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by   Peter Wootton.

Gary Griffiths

Where in TX are you? Best clients I’ve found are contractors you must know some. They need lead generation all year.

See if you can offer a few free audits then return a “road map” or punch list of corrections.

Punches in bunches. Never try just one tactic or rest your hat on one client.

How are you on WordPress?

Gary Griffiths

I am in Temple Tx. And yes, I know quite a few contractors. That’s what I do now and we sure know what a “punch list” is. LOL. I know my way around WordPress pretty well. Thanks for your reply.

Kara Corr

Why not start there? Do some audits and make the sites they have better/stronger lead machines. All the tools out there take a bit of the action and deliver over sold leads. I have a great program for contractors but first an audit!

Kara Corr

Yeah, building a lead gen site with just PRs is not a good way to go. Best case scenario, you help increase the domain authority but that’s about it.

If you decide to go with lead gen, I would recommend going after easier niches to get the hang of it. I like working with some construction and home services.

Kara Corr

Got any tips on that? That’s the biz I have been in for 28 years. Lead generation also looks like something I could sink my teeth into; due to my background. Just don’t find any of the courses as informative as I would like to see.

William Trimble

Sure. I got a couple of lead gen sites I work on. Some of the industries I am in are dumpster rentals, crane rental, HVAC repair, and water damage. I mainly chose these because they tend to be higher ticket services; and would seem reasonable budget wise for a company to purchase leads.

I also like to go to HomeAdvisor.com and look at their different categories. Lots of ideas for niches there.

William Trimble

Thanks! Lets me know I have some hope of doing this. Know lots of owners in this type of industry.

William Trimble

Why do you think you needed to show them proof, to get them as a client?

Roelof Kramer

I guess because I wouldn’t hire anyone with no experience for the most part. I will take a chance on someone if they come across the right way. I have been shot down a couple times already. I can close 99+% of the jobs I bid in what I do. Guess I was expecting to in all fields. Thanks for the question

Roelof Kramer

That’s your beliefs, mate. Not necessarily the prospects. If you can sell your certainty, build trust, value, logic and position yourself as the expert, that’s all you need to get them over the line.

Just so you know, I got to my first $7K rr pm, with just a landing page, free Gmail account and my phone.

Roelof Kramer

Press release will give the site a good kick start but you need to follow it up with more authority links and social signals.

Alexandra Gorman

Thanks. So they have some validity? That’s interesting to think about. A kick start could be a good thing. Just not for $179.00 like the webinar plug wanted. Already found a better deal for $79.

Alexandra Gorman

Do you have a ranked website yet ready to rent?

Alexandra Gorman

I do not. I have a couple of domains that may be useful for my city. Bathroom remodelling and kitchen remodelling+my city.com and also with my county.com. Not sure if that matters or not. Are those worthy of trying to rank? I can’t find any reasonable competition here. I don’t think anyone is really doing much in my area. Population here is 75k plus a city 3 miles away that is 21k.

Jamie Stewart

Press releases are an amazing way to boost your authority but press release alone can’t get you anywhere (unless too less competitive niche. Always back it up with other good back-link strategy to make the most out of it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.