Non Paying SEO Clients

Home Forums SEO Agency Chat Non Paying SEO Clients

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by   Peter Wootton .

• Author

Nicolas Hughes

What do you do if an SEO client refuses to pay you after multiple requests?

Josephine Howden

Stop all work and only agree to continue if they pay and agree to sign up to direct debit. We only run SEO campaigns on DD anyway to avoid this happening.

Colin Rees

Be professional and walk away and learn to charge retainers or one off jobs in advance. Know some SEO guys who have removed back links and gone to great effort to damage the site but no good can come from that for either party.

Paul Woodward

I pray to God for peace.

Josephine Howden

Always get payment in advance.

Colin Rees

Honestly please do this. As an industry we need to be firm on this issue. Once one person doesn’t accept payment in advance it puts pressure on the rest of us.

Walter Kay

We now do not start unless contract and DD have been signed and setup.

Josephine Howden

Close your eyes and think… Did you go to great length to educate this client? If so, drop this way of getting clients and deal with businesses that are already advertising. Sure this is not always bulletproof but at least it drops this case scenario drastically.

I remember vacationing and this shocking email came through “So and so cancelled payment to you” Let me say this… My vacation was extended due to my stupidity. I swore this would never happen to me again.

I perfected my retention by switching how I do SEO. I own my asset. This means if they are eating at the family kitchen table with their bills talking about cutting cost, I assure you I’m not on that table.

If they happen to bring me up with “Honey, what if we cut out the marketing?” Husband “Did you forget he owns the site and all the rankings?”

Colin Rees

If it’s not a lot of money, thank the client for there time and move on. If it is a lot of money then just be honest with them. If they refuse to pay then its not meant to be.

Always get Business insurance also, I use Hiscox. It costs $129 a month and is great for sticky situations (even if it’s your fault).

Josephine Howden

After we paid semalt.com over 3000$ for SEO and acquired no notable results, they sent over 500k p0rn and mp3 links to our websites. They think they are professional.

We do SEO too, but we wanted to test their services.

Paul Woodward

Just contact their competition and offer them a good deal. It’s a good solution and it’s professional too. You have all the info about niche and how to rank.

Colin Rees

This is a top tip.

Josephine Howden

One of the easiest ways in too when starting a conversation.

Rollo Bowden

Automatic payments is a must, no payment you stop. If it goes on hold their site hostage.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Why don’t u set monthly subscription and for extras they pay separately?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.