Low Volume Keywords

Home Forums White Hat SEO Low Volume Keywords

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Debra Fuller .

• Author

William Souter

How do you guys deal with low volume keywords? I happened to be in an industry where all my keywords are 1-10 volume according to AHREFS… I don’t want to generalise or saturate my keywords… Is that just the nature of my industry?

Stella Reynolds

Focus on the ones with the highest buyer intent and relevancy. Also Facebook Pixel Ad retargeting for any visitors who engaged with your site (didn’t bounce immediately) and Google Ads maybe useful as well as direct outreach to your clients market base. You could also build an email list of potential clients and do Facebook look-a-like audience marketing etc.

Stella Reynolds

Also worth looking into Search Console and seeing which keywords are pulling the most impressions in a 30 day window. Even though a Keyword has 10MSV you may be getting over 10 impressions per month. The ones with more impressions should be optimised so you rank higher and get a better % of the clicks.

Also worth checking out your keywords in Google Trends and prioritise your keywords based on the time of year they each get the most attention.

Debra Fuller

Do you have any suggestions on figuring out impressions which ranked higher? Average ranking doesn’t help me much.

Debra Fuller

Average ranking for a URL doesn’t help (too many queries), but on the Query level it should be at least close enough to decide which ones are worth pursuing.

Debra Fuller

Some SEO’s spend too much time on GA & ignore the treasure trove that is Search Console.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.