Hiring Web Designers

Home Forums WordPress Hiring Web Designers

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Jonathan Hayward .

• Author

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with hiring web designers?

Roelof Kramer

Ha yes good at design not so helpful with content
    PM me if you want to chat

Alexandra Gorman

I’ve had good experiences with http://www.Codeable.com It’s basically a collective or agency for independent developers & designers. You post a job, and those who are qualified respond with questions and estimates. Unlike a jobs board like you’d find here, Codeable vets their experts, and manages the payment. The developer gets paid when you’re satisfied the job is completed. If there are issues, Codeable helps you get them resolved.

Alexandra Gorman

Yes. I outsource my web design services to a couple of people I’ve used for a few years now.
    I’ve built good relationships with them and by staying with the same ones it really helps with productivity.
    They’re local as well which means I can sit down face to face and really communicate the aims and goals of the project with them.
    Makes thing so much easier.
    I’ve been through some really bad eggs to so I’ve learned a few things about outsourcing, specifically some certain red flags to look out for when I’m hiring people I don’t know.
    Anything you want to ask, fire away.
    This could make some really good fodder for an article I’m writing on hiring freelancers. Would be good to collaborate.

Alexandra Gorman

Please DM be keen to chat with you

Alexandra Gorman

Are you looking for some? I’d be happy to talk with you. I’ve been doing it for several years and have made some great relationships in that time.

Jamie Stewart

hey dm me

Jamie Stewart

Done

Jamie Stewart

The very best and always answers the phone. Even delivers AHEAD of schedule! https://stickybrain.com

Jonathan Hayward

Depends greatly on your definition of ‘web designers’ — are they designers creating PSD’s, are they tool users implementing on tools they pick, are they Devs using your preferred tool set, are they developers coding custom PHP/JS plugins. You really need to know what it is you are looking for. Side note – I am a WP Dev who does a lot of white-label work for agencies. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more.

Jonathan Hayward

I’m a web designer, and have been running my web design business for almost 15 years. I’d be glad to answer your questions on what to look for. It would be a great conversation here for others as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.