Hardest SEO Concepts

Home Forums SEO Mastermind Hardest SEO Concepts

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Alexandra Gorman .

• Author

Suzanne Burnett

What was the hardest topic/concept in SEO to wrap your head around and how did you do it? (If you did)

William Trimble

One common thing I still see is people who think AHREFS/Majestic/MOZ rank = Google rank.

Many posts about people worrying that their DR fell or that their links are not indexed by AHREFS bot.

Makes me laugh.

William Trimble

Onsite optimisation and silos… I got the concept finally by just looking at the competition that’s doing well.

William Trimble

Controlling layered parameter indexing.

Roelof Kramer

Is that coding level?

Roelof Kramer

No, It refers to layered navigation on eCommerce sites and making sure that doesn’t cause endless duplication.

Roelof Kramer

How to build a natural link profile was the biggest obstacle imo. I.e. Knowing when to use exact match anchors, versus naked/generic/LSI and when to deep link. SEO is an ever changing game, and I still struggle to keep up with these changes on a daily basis.

Alexandra Gorman

Matching long tails. with searcher intent. clients need to understand that info intent has high volume but low intention to convert.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.