Google Analytics – Entrances, Bounces/Exits

Home Forums SEO Agency Chat Google Analytics – Entrances, Bounces/Exits

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Valerie Ackroyd .

• Author

William Souter

Entrances, Bounces, and Exits – What Does it All Mean In GA?

George Bushell

I thought this forum was for experts? Can I ask do you charge people for SEO work?

Martin Chaplin

Am not freelance, just a beginner at the moment.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by   Peter Wootton.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

No problem man I just thought the group was for active Pro SEO’s. You should do a course or read the SEO guide on semrush or Moz. Also recommend doing the Google analytics exam in Google Ads: most of these questions will be in there.

Roelof Kramer

Man, you gotta google the answers and watch YouTube.

Valerie Ackroyd

Copied from https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2525491?hl=en
    “To understand the difference between Exit Rate and Bounce Rate for a particular page, keep the following points in mind:

1. For all pageviews to the page, Exit Rate is the percentage that were the last in the session.
    2. For all sessions that start with the page, Bounce Rate is the percentage that were the only one of the session.
    3. Bounce Rate for a page is based only on sessions that start with that page.
    • Exit rate of a page tells you how often people leave your website from that page. So if your “About” has a higher exit rate than other pages, you’ll want to figure out why people leave from that page so often.
    • Bounce rate of a page is when people only visit that page during a session on your site.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.