Content Volume For Keywords

Home Forums White Hat SEO Content Volume For Keywords

This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Paul Davis .

• Author

Keeley Moore

How much content should I create around one keyword?

David James

Look at what others are doing. There’s your answer.

David James

Like more than first 10 result?

Andrew Nokes

I’d look at the top 5. Site: search the keyword and related keywords for them and take note of the number of articles and length.

Colin Hodgson

Seven.

Simon Scott

First thing I would like to tell you stop targeting single keywords.. instead of it start focusing on topic cluster.

Simon Scott

One, long-form, authoritative, covers all aspects of the topic, properly structured page with excellent spelling and grammar.

If you type your question into Google search you’ll find posts like this one https://yoast.com/use-focus-keyword-once/ that give the best reason to NOT have multiple pieces of content for a KW phrase – you end up competing with yourself.

Simon Scott

As long as the content is useful,actionable, solves a problem, etc, then unlimited.

Just don’t get too niche, try to branch out a bit and target content around other keywords.

And even just create useful content without actually having a keyword in mind – it’ll still be good for link building purposes.

But you tend to find, if you create the right content , using the right language and talking about things in your industry – you will just inadvertently use relevant keywords anyway. Google’s RankBrain is advanced enough to figure out it’s relevant anyway, without keyword stuffing!

Nurul Khan

The article is well written and with all the internal I could spend half a day on the Yoast website.

Nurul Khan

Also depends on the value of that specific keyword.

Nurul Khan

Depends on your competition for that keyword. Just try to write more but of course add value. Higher word count can be a magical thing.

Nurul Khan

2000+ words.

Stuart Erskine

Look at your top 3 competitors and write slightly more words then them. Same applies to keyword density. The tests I have done show that if you have a lot more content etc than your competitors it can a negative. Over optimisation is just as bad as under optimisation!

Paul Davis

If your anything like one of my clients then make 10’s of pages all around one keyword so the pages compete against each other. Jokes aside.

The correct way is to research your competitors, see what they are doing. Also you need to look at the reason people are searching your keyword, if they are wanting a 1 word answer then the chances are they will leave your site fast if faced with a skyscraper article. Check your competition they have the key. Check things like word count, keyword % should be no more than 4% of your total word count. Use images with keyword rich alt tags and related keywords.

Good Luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.