Avoiding Yoast SEO

Home Forums SEO Mastermind Avoiding Yoast SEO

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Peter Wootton .

• Author

Elspet Fleury

I don’t use Yoast for any websites.

Is that likely to cause me any problems?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

No

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Not a problem. I have ranked my website internationally for a solid keyword without using Yoast.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I don’t either.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

For what do people usually use it?

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

I use it mostly for sitemap, titles and descriptions, choosing which pages to index, no index etc. There’s other plugins that allow you to do that but it’s easier to just do it all in one plugin.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Nope, does not affect me in anyway.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Why would you? lol

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Yoast is a measurement tool.

It just measures many things at once – that’s really all it does differently.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

It’s a tool that helps with certain on-page SEO elements. If you are able to do it without even using this or relevant tool, may be you are master of it!!

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Not a problem…. Yoast is now a redundant tool.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

And money hungry too…

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Lately I have abandoned Yoast for SEOpress pro: fast, complete, not expensive and many many other things…. (and where I changed the rank remained the same or slightly better)

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Yoast is for On-Page SEO. It’s a WordPress plugin. Use Rank Math instead.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I had been using Yoast Premium for a few years and uninstalled it this year after the mess they created this year and did not inform the users about it.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

What mess? I’ve been using it for years also, both free and premium and can’t think of any reason to change it. Really curious to know, I read their blog on a regular basis + the plugin works very well.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Search for Yoast 7.0 bug. This affected millions of sites and Yoast knowingly hid this information from it’s users… and only when they had a fix ready they revealed it to the public about the issue and just said we apologise for the issue and we have fixed it.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Perhaps it indexed all the images as pages and lost a lot of juice, that?

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

You are close but what happened was that they removed the attachment URL to the image itself which led to no XML sitemap being enabled for attachments.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

So, now I have started writing codes myself for my sites rather than depend on third party tools. Which makes my work a lot safer.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

As with many plugins – bugs occur – maybe best wait before automatically installing updates… this year – https://www.searchenginejournal.com/yoast-plugin-bug/255639/

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I used Yoast for several years on a number of sites, after having tested various other “SEO Plugins”. I’ve switched to All In One SEO Pack, which does a much better job on XML sitemaps and category and tag management. I also found that Yoast was generating a LOT of extraneous URLs.

Peter Wootton
      Keymaster

Hummm you like their XML map over Google XML Map plugin?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

Yoast falls into my list of plug-ins to avoid at all costs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.