AMP Pages

Home Forums SEO Agency Chat AMP Pages

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   Geoffrey Claughton .

• Author

Gerard Preston

What’s your experience with creating AMP pages and how it relates to SEO?

We implemented AMP pages about a year ago on our site (it’s WordPress) and our SEO tanked almost overnight. In a panic, we undid all of our work and saw our rankings start to creep back up over the next couple of months.

Now that we’re more focused on offering SEO as a service to our clients, the subject has come up again. I’d love to be as “Google-friendly” as possible, but I don’t want to be my own guinea pig. I also don’t want to lose any clients because of a sudden, sharp drop!

What are you doing with AMP (if anything)? What has your experience been? Do you have any tips or advice to offer?

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I hate AMP. The problem with AMP is it’s non conversion non targeted end point. I personally think the only point in using it is if you have a high traffic news/blogging site

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I don’t like them. It keeps the traffic on Google and not your site. Google is trying to make it so users never leave their site. I’m against AMP.

Peter Wootton
    Keymaster

I couldn’t be bothered with AMP. It’s one of those things that Google should de-invent. It’s a stupid thing.

Geoffrey Claughton

There’s an article I read that made me think different about AMP, and in my opinion I think is right.

Google AMP Can Go To Hell

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.